I want to continue capturing my house as it is right now. I love how Rebecca captures simple corners of her home. I want to do more of that so my kids and I can look back and see how things change over the years. And I tend to change things pretty often.
This is a corner of my home right now.
- I adore the look of crates. Here I stacked a wine crate and a crate I picked up at a yard sale and I filled them with books. Some I've read, some are favorites and some are to-be-read.
- The pictures of the boys were taken by a friend, Ryan Benyi. This spot is right outside the bathroom and on the weeks when the boys are with their dad I love walking by numerous times a day and seeing their faces.
- The wooden baby block letters I picked up at an antique store and wrote about them here. The word "be" was my word of the year to mediate on in 2009. I still enjoy seeing it as a reminder every day.
- The wooden carving was given to me by a dear friend on a trip in Costa Rica.
- And the "nothing is a mistake" hoop sits casually on top reminding everyone who walks by to stop being so competitive and just follow your bliss.