As I was shopping at the grocery store I saw that Dole is now making chocolate covered frozen banana bites. Which to me is the most ridiculous thing to purchase because it's so easy to just make your own. And the cost savings is HUGE!
All you need to do is:
- slice a banana into bike sized pieces.
- melt one cup of creamy peanut butter and one cup of chocolate chips (you choose the style of chocolate you prefer), mix together.
- using a chopstick, put a banana piece on the chopstick and dip into the melted chocolate.
- place each piece of dipped banana on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- place the cookie sheet in your freezer for several hours or overnight.
Once frozen the banas bites can be moved to a plastic storage container in your freezer. It's a delicious treat and the banana actually takes like ice cream. And by adding peanut butter you are getting some protein while enjoying a sweet treat.