Building a nest. Becoming a family.
The house hunt has finally ended and our offer (#6) was accepted! We have the inspection this weekend and now we begin the stage of tying up loose ends and getting paperwork in order. I wanted to make Lauren something special for this occasion. So I pulled out the paints, not a medium I tap into often.
For this project I used an old, stained apron that was destined for the trash and cut it to fit a wood embroidery hoop. The fabric from the apron is a bottom weight fabric and the acrylic paint took really well to it. I hot glued a ribbon to the backside of the hoop and finished it off with a fabric backing, hot gluing it in place. We are looking forward to hanging it up in our new house.