Everyday Food's recipe for Watermelon Salad with Rum and Mint was a light sweet salad with just the right amount of zing. It went so fast I didn't even get time to snap a photo.
Watermelon Salad with Rum and Mint:
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-pound piece chilled seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, rum, and salt.
- Using a melon baller, scoop melon into balls (you'll get about 10 cups), or cut melon into bite-size chunks. Add melon to lime mixture in bowl. Sprinkle with mint and lime zest, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate, up to 2 hours.